Question about Maxplus 2?

Hi, I have the book written by Uwe Meyer "Digital Signal Processing with FPGAs", 1st edition. Now, I want to learn the example in this book. After I install the Maxplus 2 9.23 on my Windows XP PC and obtained the license.dat (I even modified the environment variable from control panel) from altera.com, I cannot compile the examples. What's wrong with it? How about the new web edition software? Can it run the examples in the book?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
fl

FL,

Please do yourself a favour and use Quartus II Web Edition. MaxPlus was made obsolete about two years ago. There's only one reason to use MaxPlus, and that's if you use the old Flex10K or Flex10KA families - all the other ones (inclding the Flex10KE series) are supported in Quartus II Web edition.

The schematic editor is still there, the simulator is (sort of) still there, and VHDL and Verilog are way better supported than in MaxPlus.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra