MicroBlaze : -mcpu=4.00.b option for mb-gcc compiler...

Hi all.

I'm using ISE 8.2.03i & EDK 8.2.02i. Moreover I'm using a Spartan 3E starter Kit board for software development.

I'have seen compiling via EDK environment that now has been added this option:

-mcpu=4.00.b I know it's a machine dpendent option and generally is enough add it to mb-gcc (or mb-g++) when user compile & link all together.

But in my case I have created some my makefiles with different steps of compiling and then linking.

Question: this new option -mcpu= MUST be used ONLY in compiling, ONLY in linking or it's important for BOTH (link & comp.) ?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Al.

Reply to
Alfmyk

As of today, it is only useful whilie compiling. But that does not preclude it from being used in the future, say to pick up customized libraries during linkage.

To be safe you should add it to both the compile and link steps.

Reply to
Vasanth Asokan

Hi Vasanth. Thank you for your answer.

I use it both for compiler & Linker.