makefile to generate memory contents in Altera SOPC Builder

Hi,

I'm working on a Cyclone FPGA with NIOS project, which contains an onchip bootrom. I want to use a makefile to generate the contents of this bootrom. At first I used a single .C file which worked fine, but now I'm using a makefile and I can't get it to work. Can't find anything about it in the Altera documentation or website. My makefile is very simple and only contains one line to nios-build a bunch of C files. The command I use is "make -f %2/myproject.make" but it terminates with a strange error.

Anyone any experience with this?

Jeroen

Reply to
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen.

One subtle "feature" of the GNU compiler is that it treats files with the extension ".C" (capital 'c') as a C++ file. If you were planning this to be purely c-language, you'll run into some strange errors. Try changing the extension from ".C" to ".c" and re-compile.

-Joel-

Reply to
Joel A. Seely