Hello anyone! Does someone works with CS8900 under NIOSII? It's really works? Please, write works it with HAL? Thx.

Hello anyone! Does someone works with CS8900 under NIOSII? It's really works? Please, write works it with HAL? Thanks.

Reply to
vladimir

I've used the CS8900 with JOP, but not with the NIOS. However, the CS8900 is a VERY simple chip to interface (old ISA bus). You can take a look in the JOP sources (available at the link below): isa.vhd and iotal.vhd for the VHDL files and CS8900.java for the driver in Java (ported from the Linux sources).

Martin

---------------------------------------------- JOP - a Java Processor core for FPGAs:

Martin Schoeberl

Hello,

We still support the CS8900 for Nios II in "legacy SDK" mode -- you will find the driver source under the cs8900 folder's 'sdk/lib' folder. However, as we have not added a HAL driver as the lan91c111 MACs have replaced the 8900 in our development kits. You can port the existing legacy driver to HAL by following the directions in Altera app note 350

and in the Nios II software dev. manual chapter on creating device drivers for HAL
Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesse Kempa Altera Corp. jkempa at altera dot com

Reply to
Jesse Kempa