VHF Remote Radio Transmission

Howdy all,

I want to move a base station of a mobile radio system to a remote location where I hope to get better coverage, but I want to keep the mic and channel control in the present location. I have access to either an RS-232 or a DS0 line, whichever I wish to use, and the line length is less than 10 miles. The frequencies are currently allocated and on the air, so there are no problems with the bureaucracy. I have been researching VHF modems, but am unclear about design applications. Our present transmitter is operating at 50W. I was hoping for a little insight about how to go about setting up this system, and possibly some recommendations about what equipment offers the best option for implementing this type of a setup. I need to implement a selectable two-channel system. Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Reply to
Kitchen Man

It is easy to do with a tone controlled remote system. Call CPI communications at 800-869-9128. They have all the equipment needed. You just need a dedicated phone line that will pass audio. If you can get a dedicated line that will also pass D it can be done with DC control rather than tone and the equipment is a little cheaper. But most phone companies will not provide DC circuits anymore. Cost of the tone remote equipment will run around $700.00.

You must also apply for modification of your license for the new location of the transmitter.

Regards Gary K4FMX

Reply to
Gary Schafer