Z8 Encore, Development Kit, C compiler experience ?

Hello group
Has anyone tried the ANSI C compiler and environment supplied together with
The "Z8 Encore! Development Kit". And how are the ZDS II IDE GUI debug
features ?

Can you get a working ANSI C compiler and debug system without paying more ?

Development kit flyer: http://www.zilog.com/docs/z8encore/fl0016.pdf

Frank

Re: Z8 Encore, Development Kit, C compiler experience ?
: Hello group
: Has anyone tried the ANSI C compiler and environment supplied together with
: The "Z8 Encore!? Development Kit". And how are the ZDS II IDE GUI debug
: features ?
:

I got one through a circuit cellar contest (www.circuitcellar.com).

It's pretty nice, but i haven't gotten to seriously use it yet
(only toyed around for a few minutes)

Alas, I fear i will miss 'make', gcc, and friends :)

--buddy

Re: Z8 Encore, Development Kit, C compiler experience ?
Seems ok, but I haven't pushed it much. Not bad at all for $50. Don't forget to
download patches from Zilog's site. Current version is 4.5.1 (as far as I
know).

Re: Z8 Encore, Development Kit, C compiler experience ?
with
?
I tried it and was not impressed with the hardware or software. I also tried
CCS's C compiler, and (although it was better) I still could not get
excited. Since then, I've tried Atmel's AVR Studio and the Code Vision C
compiler. Both of which I like very much. Even though I've not purchased any
hardware or software, I've been writing C programs and running them in the
AVR Studio simulator. Great way to learn! I'm sure I will eventually buy the
compiler and probably an STK-500 development board as well. At about $80 for
the board and $150 for the compiler, it's still modest; and less than what I
paid for the CCS compiler alone!

Richard

Site Timeline