WishBone Compliant

Could someone please explain what "wishbone compliant" means? I was looking at opencores.org and they seem to specify whether or not a particular processor implementation is wishbone compliant. I could not find the meaning so I don't know what it's importance it.

Cheers! L_EarNER

Reply to
Learner

Regards,

-=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.
Reply to

I believe Wishbone is opencores' internal bus (for integrating multiple cores). Compliant devices will play happily together without excessive glue.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards