Who has MSP430 spy-i-wire specs?

Hello to all,

does anyone has the specifications of ti's new spy-bi-wire interface?

I am working with MSPGCC and some own boot equipment (serial and usb) on Linux since 2002 and I don't want to leave this very efficient unix environment. My plan is to modify my existing usb2serial board (TUSB3410 with a MSP430F148 attached) for the spy-bi-wire so it would be usable on my linux box.

Best Regards, Bodo

Reply to
Bodo Rzany

The Spy-By-Wire specs are distributed by Texas Instruments to 3rd party tool providers under NDA. Why don't you contact Texas Instruments and ask for the specs? No one who signed NDA will give you the specs.

Best regards Tsvetan

--
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb (http://www.olimex.com/pcb)
PCB any volume assembly (http://www.olimex.com/pcb/protoa.html)

Hi Tsvetan,

thanks for

snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

This is bad. One of my reasons to switch over to TI's MSP was the open accessible bootloader feature of the old chips. Easy to handle with my home brewed linux loader/monitor. I really don't want to work with windows just due to TI's F2xx series...

I'll try to do this. May be they give these information to my little hardware development company too.

Best regards Bodo

Reply to
Bodo Rzany