USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.

Has anyone torture tested USB<->RS232 converter cables lately? The
ones Dontronics sells with the FTDI chipset have been working great
for us, but they raised the price through the roof.

We need one that supports DSR and DTR signals, works on all Windows
OS's except NT & 95, handles 460,800 baud, and has good quantity 100
pricing.

-Brian

 http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com
 http://www.zworld.com
 http://www.imaginetools.com

Re: USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.

Would have been nice if you mentioned this to us instead of going open
forum on it Brian, but as you have, how can we raise the price through
the roof when we supplied you for something like 2 years at the same
price, and the price never went up? In fact, we bent over backwards to
help you out with your last minute order changes.

An explanation would be nice instead of stumbling across your message
like this.
Seems like you have a very serious communication problem at Zworld.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.

"will this end in divorce? Will Don and Brian get back together?, stay
tuned folks"

DaveC

Re: USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.

it's only a game Dave, it's not life threatening like a real soap opera.
:-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.

and I thought it might have been the exchange rate ..... ?
-jg

Re: USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.

Nah Jim, supplied wholesale in USD, and always has been, so there has
been no variation in the wholesale price.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.

Don,
If the price hasn't gone up, then there has indeed been a
miscommunication. Maybe a rookie in purchasing saw an Aussie dollar
amount on an invoice and panicked. I'll find out what's up and let you
know. Apologies in advance if this was in error. -Brian

Re: USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.

Thanks Brian, I'll await your findings before making any comments.

Now where did I put my knitting? :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.
Don assures me that our volume pricing hasn't changed. I haven't
figured out how it was miscommunicated that it did yet, but apologies
for the false alarm. It's an excellent, robust converter, BTW, the
best we tested. -Brian

Re: USB<->RS232 converter cable recommendations.

Thanks Brian, I'll rest my case.

Don...