Trampoline for Virtual to Physical address mapping

Hi,

Can trampoline be used to do the functionality of MMU ?

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

No, but a slip-n-slide can be used to do the functionality of an FPGA.

Most of what an MMU does cannot be done with a trampoline.

Reply to
larwe

You may already be aware of this, of course, but it won't hurt to add this bit... A 'trampoline' is described in the GNU compiler for use with nested functions (in certain calling cases.) The purpose there is to deal with static links, though the concept could be used for many other purposes, I suppose. I don't know what in the heck the OP is thinking of, though.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan