Start designing with Microchip controllers

Microchip controllers are very cheap, and the tools needed to start developing applications are the cheapest existing today! All you need is the ICD2 Programer/Debuger tool, about 200 USD, and a good tutorial book. The ICD2 is a tool which you can use for a very large range of Flash processors (possibly over 200), and the tutorial book explains how to write firmware for any microcontroller of the Microchip family. Even more; the tutorial book I am referring to comes with a Hardware Companion Kit which helps you write and test all your future firmware programs! Check this site:

Do not worry: you will learn this new exciting technology, the easy way!

Reply to
ironfly

snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0:

You may be surprised but Microchip tools are not the cheapest existing today! I even think they sell the most expensive development tools for

8-bit microcontrollers I've seen. Of course there are ICD2 alternatives (like ours) for as low as $90, but this is much more expensive than the $15 JTAG for MSP430 and MAXQ devices which offer much more speed and functionality than the ICD2 offers for the PICs. And of course both TI and Maxim-Dallas offer free of charge IDE with assembler and debugger which is several levels above the buggy MPLAB. Just my 2 cents. Best regards Tsvetan Usunov Olimex Ltd
--
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb (http://www.olimex.com/pcb)
PCB any volume assembly (http://www.olimex.com/pcb/protoa.html)

If you after low budget stuff and can't build yourself a PIC programmer for 1/10th of that amount then you really shouldnt be looking at embedded systems for a hobby or profession.

Mike

Reply to
MSC