Simple Orcad question

Say in your schematic you've got two diodes, fets, or opamps etc but yo want to use a dual package for those parts when creating your PCB. How i this done?

Reply to
Joel

You create a new Orcad library part with the correct pin numbers to match the device to be used. If the diodes have a common pin e.g. a dual diode may be a 3 pin SOT23 with a common anode, common cathode or a pin with one cathode and one anode then I would make a single library component to suit. If they are individual diodes in the package then treat the (diode) library component as you do with resistor packs.

Geo

Reply to
Geo

you

is

the

be a 3

and one

library

Yeah that's one way to do it. I was talking about having my Op-amps b totally separate in the schematic and in the same dual package for the pcb I found out how to do this though, there is an option when creating a ne part "Parts per Pkg" that allows you to do this. Thank you though.

Reply to
Joel

Geo's answer is still correct. A part with several channels appears in the schematic entirely separately [1], but the BOM generator knows it's a single package.

[1] So long as the references are the same - i.e. IC1A and IC1B would be two of the channels in IC1. Clearly, IC1A and IC2B wouldn't be. Orcad also takes care of the pin numbering accordingly.

For an example, try playing with any dual (etc) op-amp supplied with the Orcad libraries, e.g. TL072 (etc). Or indeed any logic device with multiple gates (e.g. 74HC family).

Steve

Steve at fivetrees