re-program 8253 PIT

hello,

i need to re-program the 8253 programmable interrupt timer to signal approx. every 1000 ms. any help is appreciated.

thanks, bryan

Reply to
Bryan Bullard

Can think of 2 things: (I assume a PC) a) write a small TSR that listens to the interrupt, captures 18 of them, and let the 19th pass (you need to shorten the interval somewhat) b) since the longest interval one timer can do is about 55 ms, (in a PC!) you need to use 2 -- load one with a number >= 19, and when the other counter counts down to 0 decrement that number, and when it's down to 0, generate an interrupt.

a) is definitely doable, but I'm not sure about b)

approx.

Reply to
aurgathor