PUBLIC and EXTRN directive Asm51

Hi! When I use PUBLIC and EXTRN directive Asm51 Assembler, the illegal syntax error produced.so I can not use them. what i do?

Reply to
aliSaghae

You have to define variable you want to use in another module as PUBLIC, and you have to define variable with the same name in other module as EXTRN to be able to use it.

Write your code, there is not enough information to say why are you having problems.

Maybe your asm doesnt support it (it would be strange).

Reply to
Mickey

It's quite certainly impossible for anyone to help you without you giving a more accurate description of the problem first. You'll have to show at least the following:

1) the actual (small) source files you attempted to use 2) the actual version of the tools you're talking about (there must be dozens of '51 assemblers out there!) 3) the command lines you used to compile them 4) the actual error messages you got, in their entirety.
Hans-Bernhard Broeker

aliSaghae ?µÀ:

Which compiler you are using?

Reply to