"The Public Record Is Your Friend"

If you are saintly like me then the public record is your friend.

On the other hand, if you are a delusional liar, then the public record is your enemy.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

In writing about Gandhi, George Orwell said, "SAINTS should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent..."

ZerkonX

innocent..."

In that case I'm just acting within the law.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

You're so right. Who could doubt any of what you say? Thanks for enlightening us.

Reply to
Don Stockbauer

Yeah, we are in awe of his accomplishments. We don't actually know of any, but we take his word for it that they are many and magnificent.

John

Just as the criminal exposes himself by returning to the scene of the crime . . .

You need to get something peer reviewed by authorities other than sock puppets. Otherwise everyone will think you are pretending more than a small child.

But if you actually send something to a tech magazine, for God's sake, don't mention _my_ name.

The record does not reflect that I mentioned anything magnificent by anyone.

Like I said, if you are delusional, the record ain't yer friend.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

hanks for

"In the land of the blind delusionals the one eyed man is king."

Reply to
Bret Cahill

I don't need peer reviewers; I have customers.

It never occurred to me.

John

The record does not reflect that I mentioned anything magnificent by anyone.

Like I said, if you are delusional, the record ain't yer friend.

=2E.........

than

Almost all who are active in industry will eventually end up publishing _something_ as a byproduct of their work.

Let me guess. There's no paper trail whatsoever.

Nothing in the public record either.

No patents, no nothing.

Tell your case worker the meds aren't working.

Bret Cahill

"You are vexed therefore I am right about you."

-- Nietzsche

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Why? Writing code and manuals is plenty enough work.

What have you published?

Checks are made of very nice paper.

Again, why? It takes a lot of time and energy to get patents, and that's just the down payment on the legal fees. I'd rather keep designing new stuff to keep ahead of the curve... let people copy my old stuff if they want to.

How many patents do you have? How successful have they been for you?

John

In that land you would still be the biggest buffoon.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael,

I'm not speaking for Bret here, since he makes his own dicisions about what he writes, and what he chooses to read, but it seems to me that this sort of plain insulting posts does not add anything positive to this NG. So kind request : please refrain from remarks like this.

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob Dekker

at he writes, and what he chooses to read,

nything positive to this NG.

The sock puppeteer(s?) might make some money in the entirely reputable field of science fiction novel writing. It's basically the same thing except lots of characters instead of sock puppets and the "creator" openly admits it's fiction.

But there's no just money in trying to fake a background in tech . . . no matter _how_ many sock puppets are deployed.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill

On s.e.b.,it's not "entertainment" - it's merely annoying, and could be off-putting to the beginners.

If you can't contribute anything constructive, at least pretend you have the class to not be an asshole.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

--- In what way?

If they have questions to ask they should ask them and hope for the best, regardless of the bombshells dropping around them which, BTW, have nothing to do with them.

You seem to think that seb is a pristine site of enlightenment. Take a look at it lately.

It's been invaded by liars and cheats who have no interest in electronics, but are intent on spreading lies and furthering their own agendas.

---

--- Geez, In addition to fighting the liars, I think I just helped a guy out with a sample-and-infinite-hold problem, your assholiness.

And you?

Or any of the rest of the personas in your kennel?

JF

Reply to
John Fields

It's the weekened, and his entire kennel is sleeping off another hangover, as usual.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There's no money in faking an interest in tech in order to flame 24/7 so the only conclusion is anyone posting here without a tech background, formal or informal, academic or industrial, is irrational _per se_.

More likely a few here have some fanciful [uneducated] notions of science or engineering and try to live in a pretend world. In one revealing post the word "glory" actually appeared. That must have come from a Harliquin romance novel. I don't type "LOL!" or very often but I'll make an exception for _that_ one.

There is no other way to spin it: When they respond to posts they openly admit they _themselves_ believe to be content free then they are irrational.

When someone brags about having a patent and immediately becomes too humble to post the patent number, that would the basis of _New Yorker_ cartoon material if done in jest.

But they aren't doing it it jest.

That's why you see so many responses that are not only are nonsensical from a tech POV, any _layman_ with an IQ above single digits would ridicule them:

  1. circular furrows are impossible.

  1. negative economies of scale may apply to adiabatic engine systems.

  2. EVs and hybrid electric drive trains mathematically proven not efficient.

Lewis Carrol and Joseph Heller would be green with envy.

Because of the spectacular breakthroughs in microelectronics, we're moving to a more democratic world where everyone on an SSI mental disability has free speech to post anywhere.

This isn't such a bad development. In fact it probably should be encouraged to some extent.

For one thing it keeps the nonfunctionals off the street and out of industry where they really would be a hindrance to vehicle traffic and profit making, respectively.

For another, it's educational for beginners to watch those with no science or engineering background and/or not interested in tech issues out themselves.

Most figure it out very quickly.

Finally, anyone can google anyone's name to see who is _starting_ threads on tech matters and who is always dodging tech issues and flaming out at the _end_ of a branch.

No one can rewrite the public record (although the irrationals will certainly give it a try).

Just because the non functionals aren't interested in tech doesn't necessarily mean that they never make a contribution.

As John Milton wrote, "they also serve who dodge and flame."

There's a reason they are in fantasy land and apparently it needs to be addressed.

Back in Tuscon La Frontera tried to physically integrate the mental cases into apt. buildings with "normal" people. This policy had mixed results. One attacked a neighbor and then trapped the apt. manager in his unit. Another starting barking like a dog at 3 am and, after 4 hours, had to be turned over to her case worker.

What's the worst the worst can do here? Some idiot typing nonsense?

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill

"Bombshells"

? ? ?

Is _that_ is what you feel?

It was supposed to be more like a rolled up newspaper.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill

(snip)

That is just one of your MANY errors. Do please note the newsgroup identity is "sci.electronics.basics," so it's focus, you might attempt to understand, is BASICS. Anyone, and most especially in my mind, people without an electronics background at all, but having a curiosity about electronics, should post their questions here.

Fortunately there are people such as John Fields and other regulars, who do have strong backgrounds in electronics, and who read the board in hopes of giving a helping hand to the "newbys."

You, on the other hand, bring nothing of value. You lie and sneer at and about your betters.

Simply put, you are a spoiler.

Go away.

Reply to
Don Bowey