PCMCIA WLAN Adapter with a PIC micro...

I've seen several posts here about the IOSoft device where you can
make a PCMCIA WLAN adapter with a PIC18F452. I wish I can just add
onto those news threads, but it seems that after a month or so, then
they become read-only.

Anyways, back to Iosoft's PCMCIA WLAN-on-a-PIC adapter: Has anyone
used it? Also, I noticed that we can buy a development board, and
license the TCP/IP stack and PCMCIA driver if we go forward with it.

Can someone give a guesstimate of how much all the major hardware in
that solution costs? I do know that the PIC18F452 alone costs ~$6.50
USD. Can the hardware be constrained down to $20 USD?

Thanks,
Mike

Site Timeline