PIC Micro & Midi

I have been searching google for circuit design ideas and programs which
will allow you to use a PIC to receive MIDI data. While I have found a
couple of older solutions I really need one for use with modern PIC chips
such as a 16F628A.
Does anyone have any prior experience with PIC chips and MIDI or any
pointers ?
thanks
Reply to
Laura
2 seconds on Google for me gave many links like:

There seemed to be no shortage of info for PIC MIDI solutions.
What's wrong with solutions for "older" PICs?, they are equally relevant for the "newer" PICs as well, probably only have to modifiy a few lines of code.
Dave :)
Reply to
David L. Jones
Here is a 16F84 solution, very little should need changing for the 16F628A

Dave :)
Reply to
David L. Jones