Minimal USB Host

I am looking for a solution to the following problem:
I Need a minimal, low cost USB Host that will collect data via
a serial port, and support transferring that data to a
USB Flash memory dongle.  The unit is independent, does not need to hav
any additional I/O at all, and is merely a data collection module tha
supports the USB device.
1.  Is there such a "black box", and if so where can I purchase it?
2.  If not, what is the simplest and most cost effective firmware I ca
use to design it?  Are there available USB memory device drivers
that I can use? What is the development environment I should be using?
   Thank you
               Ron

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Site Timeline