Looking for RMS AC current sense

Hey folks,

I want to sense AC line current and supply the RMS value to a micro A/D
input; 0-50A AC input current corresponding to  0-5V output.  This has to
have been done a gazillion times; does anyone have a link to an appnote
handy or something?  I'd ideally like to find a low-cost clamp on CT or hall
effect device too; I don't want a series resistor.

Any input appreciated!

Re: Looking for RMS AC current sense

Most of the electrical/electronic wholesalers/retailers will have what you
want (probably in stock too). Farnell/RS/Maplin/CPC etc.

Re: Looking for RMS AC current sense

http://www.allegromicro.com/hall/currentsensor.asp

http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2934,ADE7751,00.html