JTAG emulators

Hi,

I am trying to find a JTAG emulator for a new project which uses a ARM7 processor. I am considering several vendors, such as Lauterbach (Trace32 ICD), Macraigor (Wiggler, Raven, usbDemon, mpDemon), Emutec (DebugJet), Hitex (Tantino), Embest, Nohau, EPI, SigNum, ...etc. The emulator has to support multi-core.

If anyone has use the JTAG emulator from these vendors, can you please tell me your experience with them? Thanks in advance.

regards, Andy

Reply to
Andy Chan

Hi Andy,

  1. For your first JTAG uses, you have to use the ARM Debug ValuePack from Amontec. The ARM Debug ValuePack includes the Chameleon POD. The Chameleon POD can be configured as a true Macraigor Raven or Macraigor Wiggler (Raven can generate JTAG interface 30x faster than the Wiggler). Raven and Wiggler are supported by GNU GDB software, Greenhills, IAR debuggers ...

  1. Abatron, Abatron2000 still stays with the best performance

Regads, Laurent

Reply to
Laurent Gauch

The Wiggler works OK, but is slow. You can make your own JTAG interface that works like the Wiggler quite easily, I've put my design in the LPC2000 Yahoo group Files area.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller