Infiineon offer 140'C capable, 8 bit uC

There have been a few threads over time about higher temperature uC.

This news from Infineon on their XC866-HOT family is relevent - they claim to have 140'C operate, full spec, and 100K flash operations at

140'C - price of e1.80/10K also is not 'niche' pricing, and could target system watchdog applications in the tough installations.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I didn't read the link, but 140 C is good. I've had an MSP430 running well at about the same temperature -- just to see -- but I didn't ding around seeing how well the flash would survive. I figured that may be a serious problem, especially if trying to erase and program at that temperature. There are times when running CPUs at higher temps is desirable.

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan