how different is pic assembler and avr assembler?

Hi - can anyone tell me how hard it would be to learn pic assembler once
you know avr assember? Or is there a difference between the two? Right now
I'm learning AVR assembler - and I just got to wondering about that...
Anyways - thanks!

Re: how different is pic assembler and avr assembler?

Consider the pic the root RISC microcontroller and the avr one branch of it.
Read the application notes to the 16c54 or the 12c508, if you understand
those (I'm 99% sure you'll understand it), then you understand and can
program pretty well all pic chips. All others have more stuff.

Re: how different is pic assembler and avr assembler?
The assembler is the easy bit. You'll be spending much more time figuring
out the different processor architectures. If you learn AVR first you'll be
annoyed with the way the PIC does things such as pages for status registers
and the concept of the "working" register.

Peter

Re: how different is pic assembler and avr assembler?

be
registers

..... and after you've figured out PICs, you'll go back to AVRs because
you'll still be annoyed with the way the PIC does things such as page/bank
switching and the concept of the (singlular) "working" register.
;-)

HTHs
Greg the Grog (ns_NodDog)

Site Timeline