High End Embedded/Low-End x86 Benchmarks Available

We have announced a new program for x86 vendors, or their customers, to
license a new x86 High End Embedded (i.e. Internet appliance, thin client,
set-top box) / Low End PC (i.e. very low cost target) Benchmark Suite.
These benchmarks run on Windows XP, Windows CE (various flavors), or Linux.

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S19%07322

http://www.eeproductcenter.com/showPressRelease.jhtml?articleID=X213845

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/synchromesh_
whitepaper051904.pdf

So far, AMD has licensed it and is using it to rank and rate their
processors in terms of both performance and power consumption.   We are
obviously talking to other x86 processor vendors about licensing it and
joining the program.

If these vendors publish the certified scores, you will be able to
intelligently select processors based on more than just price and claimed
performance.   Please take a moment to encourage them to give me some
business <smile> by having them contact us.

Remember:  for processor-centric benchmarks (not system-level), EEMBC's
benchmarks are terrific and the scores are available for free at
http://www.eembc.org Our new benchmark suite is complimentary to EEMBC's
and focuses on a specific market segment at the system level.

Thanks for your time,

Alan R. Weiss
CEO, EEMBC Certification Laboratories and Synchromesh Computing
6507 Jester Blvd, Suite 511, Austin, Texas 78750  USA
Voice:  512-219-0302   Fax:  512-219-0402  Mobile:  512-845-1305
email:   snipped-for-privacy@ebenchmarks.com  or   snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com  or
SMS Text Page:   snipped-for-privacy@page.nextel.com  (100 characters max)
ECL:  http://www.ebenchmarks.com EEMBC:  http://www.eembc.org
Synchromesh Computing:  http://www.synchromeshcomputing.com