Help please: PC Card Standard Release 8.0: Volume 2, Card Electrical

I urgently need memory cycle timings for CompactFlash, which are defined in the PC Card specification (formerly PCMCIA). However, I'm having trouble ordering the 13 volume PC Card specification (nobody home at PCMCIA.org).

If you have the specification, I would be most grateful if you could provide the common memory read and write waveform timings for 100ns, 150ns, 200ns and 250ns cycle times. It is the 'setup', 'command' and 'recovery' values that I need.

E-Mail address is the reply address with 'nospam' removed.

Many thanks

Tim Clacy

Reply to
Tim Clacy

Tim,

Ok, dumb question but does

not get you what you want? They have the spec available for free, I think that includes the cycle timings you're asking for.

Jay.

Reply to
Jay

Jay,

The CompactFlash specification is actually very small (125 pages); it makes lots of references to the 13 Volume, 6Kg PCMCIA specification. Common memory cycle timings are not described in the CompactFlash specification [see below]:

CF+ and CompactFlash Specification Revision 2.0:

... The two timing sequences are detailed in the PCMCIA PC Card Standard. The CompactFlash Storage Card and CF+ Card conform to the timing in that reference document.

Reply to
Tim Clacy

...still nobody home at PCMCIA.org; perhaps they're busy looking for more forests to pulp; the specification seems to only be available in printed form :-(

Reply to
Tim Clacy