Help please: PC Card Standard Release 8.0: Volume 2, Card Electrical

I urgently need memory cycle timings for CompactFlash, which are defined in
the PC Card specification (formerly PCMCIA). However, I'm having trouble
ordering the 13 volume PC Card specification (nobody home at PCMCIA.org).

If you have the specification, I would be most grateful if you could provide
the common memory read and write waveform timings for 100ns, 150ns, 200ns
and 250ns cycle times. It is the 'setup', 'command' and 'recovery' values
that I need.

E-Mail address is the reply address with 'nospam' removed.

Many thanks

Tim Clacy

Re: Help please: PC Card Standard Release 8.0: Volume 2, Card Electrical
Tim,

Ok, dumb question but does www.compactflash.org not get you what you
want? They have the spec available for free, I think that includes the
cycle timings you're asking for.

Jay.

Re: Help please: PC Card Standard Release 8.0: Volume 2, Card Electrical

Jay,

The CompactFlash specification is actually very small (125 pages); it makes
lots of references to the 13 Volume, 6Kg PCMCIA specification. Common memory
cycle timings are not described in the CompactFlash specification [see
below]:

CF+ and CompactFlash Specification Revision 2.0:

... The two timing sequences are detailed in the PCMCIA PC Card Standard.
The CompactFlash Storage Card and CF+ Card conform to the timing in that
reference document.

Re: Help please: PC Card Standard Release 8.0: Volume 2, Card Electrical

...still nobody home at PCMCIA.org; perhaps they're busy looking for more
forests to pulp; the specification seems to only be available in printed
form :-(

Site Timeline