Help getting an LCD to work - Page 2

Re: Help getting an LCD to work

Make sure you give the LCD time to power up.  I just hooked
up a Optrex 2x16 display to a TI MSP430 and I had to put in huge
delays before I ever started initializing the LCD.  After I did
that all of my problems went away....

--
Greg Deuerling
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory

<snip>

I haven't used Optrex yet but My biggest prob getting those black
lines to go away and everything else to init was that I left the
R/W line open. The controller inputs have internal weak pullups so
you have to either tie R/W low or drive it with the PIC.

The other thing I found was that the home command was pretty
useless or something like that. It didn't do what the HDwhatever
Spec sheet said. I have to use Clear Display.

Also, resetting the PIC which runs my LCD init code sometimes
doesn't give the LCD enough time to do whatever it needs to do, I
have to power down the LCD.

I'm not sure, but for the 4 bit interface, I may have had to run
the init code twice. Once to get it in 4 bit mode and again once
it's there.

--
Best Regards,
Mike