ethernet connectivity for Z8encore

I need to add ethernet connectivity to my Z8encore.
 so I'm looking for a reliable ethernet controller chip.
If anyone know about one with free software tenplates, examples ect. it will
be great help fore me.

The CMX company http://www.cmx.com/zilog/ offer something but i think it is
expensive.

thanks
Frank

Re: ethernet connectivity for Z8encore
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:09:23 +0200, "Frank Mikkelsen"

The easiest way would be switching to the Zilog eZ80F91. Zilog offers a
complete development environment with demo board, ZDS debugger, IDE, C/ASM,
free RTOS etc for 99¤. Since you already know the Z8 and are familiar with
the Zilog tools getting used to the other controller should be no problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel

Re: ethernet connectivity for Z8encore

Microchip is soon producing a SPI to 10Mbit network controller

Kasper

Re: ethernet connectivity for Z8encore

hm, this chip used to be visible at microchip homepage but recently it
vanished from there along with PCI12F220 any ideas why?

antti

Re: ethernet connectivity for Z8encore

just a change of name I think.. it's still there, but I don't remember it's
name (the link is store on my home computer..)
ENC and something.. will add the ref tonight if I remember, the Microchip
website is not accessible now.. :-(

seems to be a really interesting product to add ethernet to MCU without an
outside bus. but seems to need a lot of power; something like 250mA if I
remember well. the CS8900A need at least 2x less..

Re: ethernet connectivity for Z8encore

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId13%35&dDocName=en022889

The microchip ENC28J60 looks good but wery new, no sampels yet, and no code
exampels

Frank

Re: ethernet connectivity for Z8encore

Have a look at the following Flash for Cash entry:

http://www.jandspromotions.com/zilog2003/m-4308.htm

Might be of use to you.

Regards,

Maciek.