embedded questions!!! - Page 3

Re: embedded questions!!!
well, your assignment's probably overdue, but as it's been bugging you...

he didn't specify what to do with the remaining characters.
maybe    str1 = "";
or    str1 = "please finish my assignments";
it's not clear what role str2 plays in this question.
--
    mac the naďf

Re: embedded questions!!!

The fastest way is to do it is in assembler not C.

Ian

Re: embedded questions!!!
Hi Ian,

If that is true, you should look for a compiler alternative :-).

Regards, Kurt
--
Kurt Harders
PiN -Präsenz im Netz GITmbH

Yes, use a Logic Analyser with a read through trace. (Must be read
through not read back)

Don't use any O in str1 when you write it. I have also found that if you
lower the temperature it tends to shorten your Johnson to Jhnsn.

Tell them there is a 2 for 1 special offer. Seriously it depends of your
stacks are in system, supervisor or user space.

MAK files are in fact a form of EXE files. These are used on a MAC
computer as executables. ie PC uses .EXE and MAC uses .MAK

OBJects.... these files contain the classes or OBJects in C++
programming. They are sometimes seen in C programming when doing
Advanced Modular  Programming (AMP)

By using the fourth pass of the linker

A Linking is the executable
B Linking is the standard library
C linking is the user library
D linking is the Dynamic Library

This is a joke from the K&R Unix team and dates back to the 1950's it is
an uprated version of the cut down format for 8 bit processors. The cut
down version was the Dwarf version and the one with the twist of "magic"
was the Elf version for 16 bit processors.

This is the C Object Format "F" This is the other method for doing OO
type work in C. This makes it possible to link C to C++. The other
method AMP (Advanced Modular Programming) is for C only

This depends if you are using big endian or little endian.

Re: embedded questions!!!

Well done -- clear and concise.  Pound's gonna ace the test for sure.

--
Dan Henry

Re: embedded questions!!!

Then you need to recalibrate with a Johnson Counter.

There really is a lot to learn, isn't there?

Bob

Re: embedded questions!!!

I kept confusing it with a Johnson Bar.

Re: embedded questions!!!

No, that's Johansson, and is what Ingemar opened after winning the
heavyweight championship from Floyd Patterson.

--
  Some informative links:
Re: embedded questions!!!

Only on a Swedish steam locomotive.

Re: embedded questions!!!

   Let's not confuse the OP. The Swede with the steam locomotive
(Novelty) was John Ericsson.
--
http://www.flexusergroup.com /

Re: embedded questions!!!

Ok, I got that far.  Now the question is whether
a Swedish locomotive has a Johnson Bar or a Johansson
Bar to control valve timing.  (Reverser to our British
readers...)

Re: embedded questions!!!

   A Johansson Bar and Johnson Counter-weights, mayhaps?

--
http://www.flexusergroup.com /

Re: embedded questions!!!
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:01:00 -0800, the renowned Jim Stewart

Sue Johanson could probably come up with a Johnson counter. Maybe in
her purse.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: embedded questions!!!

Actually neither - the Heusinger von Waldegg mechanism is
used instead.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Re: embedded questions!!!

You're right!!
http://www.biblio.tu-bs.de/ausstellungen/dampflok/kap2b.html

I just hope the OP can use this heavily researched
work on his exam.

Re: embedded questions!!!

There is some research to  say that you have to have two measurements.
One by a male and one by a female Johnson Counter then average the two
as both can be a little unreliable in opposite directions of magnitude.
Then calibrate for temperature and angle of dangle.

Re: embedded questions!!!

Chris,
Please make sure what you post is accurate.

in Ans 1, You use a scope and not a logic analyzer.

:-)

Re: embedded questions!!!
                       ^^^^^
You misspelt multimeter...

Re: embedded questions!!!
Kunal Shenoy ( snipped-for-privacy@xilinx.com) wrote at Tuesday 27 December 2005 20:26 in
comp.arch.embedded:

But be shure not to set it to auto trigger mode. Otherwise you will only
find automatic variables.

--
Reinhardt Behm, Nauheim, Germany, reinhardt.behm@t-online.de

Re: embedded questions!!!

Depends on method. I assume you mean a Digital memory scope. If you are
looking for the Scope of the Global variables this is correct. However
if the globals are in file scope it is easier (if less correct) to use a
Logic analyser and "cheat" by using the read through trace.

IT won't work with the read-back trace which confuses some people and
they think a analyser can't be used for this. So perhaps you are right
that the simple answer is a scope.  This is why most lecturers go on
about the scope of variables so much.