Dallas DS89C450

Hi Experts,
I am about to change my controller from Philips 87C591 to DS89C450 for
speed, memory and flash.
Anybody has experience with this chip and any difficulties in porting
to this chip.
Thanks in advance,
Prem

Re: Dallas DS89C450

Dallas have done 80c51 cores for years, so overall they are stable.
For any device specific issues look at the errata at
http://www.maxim-ic.com/qa/info/errata /

suggests the A2 step has 3 issues, whilst the A4 step is fine....

On a general porting basis, the 450 is, of course, faster

-jg

Re: Dallas DS89C450

18 week lead times to the UK at the moment. Don't know what you can get
where you are.

Steve

Re: Dallas DS89C450
Thanks a lot for your info, I am in Canada and they say 10 weeks lead
time.
Prem

Site Timeline