Cheap development kit with VxWorks BSP?

Hi, anybody aware of cheap development kit with VxWorks BSP? My lab
wants to evaluate future possibility of VxWorks as software platform
in our research project of reconfigurable computing. Architecture
doesn't matter at this stage.

Thanks for any information!

XD

Re: Cheap development kit with VxWorks BSP?

Err... "cheap" and "VxWorks" are orthagonal concepts.  Before it's all said
and done, you'll pay $25K/seat to get at the features that make VxWorks
worthwhile.  Unless, perhaps, you are an academic institution.

For "cheap" realtime look at eCos or RTEMS.

Re: Cheap development kit with VxWorks BSP?
I have a wind river pxa250 eval system I can sell.
Kyle

Re: Cheap development kit with VxWorks BSP?

I will talk to my boss. I think he will be interested if price is OK.

What is the status of the board? Does it have BSP including Tornado
and Vxworks? What is the version of Tornado and Vxworks? What price
would you ask for the board? Please send the info via email if you are
interested in sell it.

Re: Cheap development kit with VxWorks BSP?
Xingde,

Judging from your questions, I think you may misunderstand what a BSP is.
The BSP (Board Support Package) is an interface library that provides
the glue between vxWorks which is very generic, and the underlying
hardware. For example, BSP functions talk to the actual hardware to
initialize the ethernet controller, memory mapping registers, realtime clock
interrupts, route interrupts, etc. Tornado is the development environment
used to
develop applications that run under vxWorks. It also contains some
(but not much) support for working with the BSP itself. Wind River
provides BSPs for most popular off the shelf boards. If you are
developing a new platform, you are faced with the somewhat unpleasent
task of creating your own BSP. Usually, you pick an existing
BSP as a starting point and modify it to work with the specifics of
your target.

Doug

Re: Cheap development kit with VxWorks BSP?

Thanks a lot! Now I see Tornado is the really expensive thing.