ByteBlaster fails on Windows 98

Dear colleagues,

The ByteBlaster works fine with MaxPlus 9.4 / Windows 95 but fails
with MaxPlus 10.2 / Windows 98.

"Unrecognized device or socket is empty"

Any clue ?

Nordic regards,
Yuri

Re: ByteBlaster fails on Windows 98

I'm sure my home-made version of the Byte Blaster worked OK with Win98
SE. It works OK with WinME. Both with MaxPlus 10.2.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com

Isn't this an error message for the MPU programmer?
Are you sure you are configured to use a ByteBlaster?
(in the Options/Hardware Setup menu)

Alan Nishioka
snipped-for-privacy@accom.com

Re: ByteBlaster fails on Windows 98
Dear friends,

Could your check and then post your BIOS LPT port settings for me ?

Thank you in advance,
Yuri

Re: ByteBlaster fails on Windows 98

I just dug out my home-made ByteBlaster clone and an old Flex10K10 board
of mine and checked that they still worked with MaxPlus 10.2.
Configuration with a simple test function worked OK. I'm using WinME
with the port configured for EPP operation.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com
Re: ByteBlaster fails on Windows 98

Further to the above, I'm actually using an ISA EPP parallel port card
for the ByteBlaster. The motherboard parallel port is connected to my
printer. I use the EPP port for other devices like Xilinx and ARM JTAG
interfaces.

Site Timeline