Advice for USB Transfer

We have an Acquisition module which gives 12 channel ECG signals from

12 leads. We are using ADSP BF 527 to transfer the ECG samples from the acquisition modules as packets using USB 1.1 of Blackfin to a host processor running an embedded OS.

I wish to get some information to get a start.

The basic Question is What type of USB transfer should i use for transferring ECG samples? Bulk, Isochronous or Interrupt?

What type of buffers should i use to store the acquired data? Is it 1D buffer or 2D buffer or Circular Buffer.

What type of dataflow method should i use? Is it Chained with or without loopback.

I also need to transfer the software/firmware version from the Blackfin to the host ? For that which transfer type should i use?

It will be really helpful if someone can shed some light on these queries of mine.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Muhammed Shafi

You need to provide more information than this. At what rate will you be transferring the ECG and what size are they per channel: this will let you calculate the nominal required bandwidth. Given that you say ECG I assume that these will be a couple of samples/second.

If you want reliable transfer of the data use Bulk. Generally it's much easier - isochronous is rather more complicated.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson