Advice for a simple embedded database

Does anyone know of a database that can run in an embedded environment?
Im running eCos.

Thanks!

Re: Advice for a simple embedded database

  Ben,

  What database requirements do you have?

  David

Re: Advice for a simple embedded database

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2BeCos+%2Bembedded+%2Bdatabase

Re: Advice for a simple embedded database

If you are willing to keep it in memory and use malloc, you can
build it with hashlib.  This can create all the necessary indexes
and access to the records.  It provides search, find, delete,
entry operations, with abilities to operate on the entire stored
data.  It is available under GPL, requireing GPL release of the
software using it, or another license can be negotiated with me.
It is written purely standard C, and should have no portability
problems.

   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/hashlib.zip

The built in scanning mechanisms can be used to store the database
on external files, from which it can then be reloaded.  However
there are no abilities for transaction processing, and high level
data base definition provided.

--
"Churchill and Bush can both be considered wartime leaders, just
 as Secretariat and Mr Ed were both horses." -     James Rhodes.
Re: Advice for a simple embedded database
Ben,

Please consider eXtremeDB from McObject.  It is a full-featured in-memory
database with a footprint ranging from 50K - 150K.  Very portable (doesn't
require an OS or the C run-time library, all you need is an ANSI C
compiler).

Best regards,
McObject LLC

Re: Advice for a simple embedded database
Thanks all!  Im going to evaluate McObject and sqlite, see which one
can be most easily implemented for my app.

Ben

Site Timeline