Embedded database recommendation?

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good embedded database with a C++ API ?

My requirements are somewhat vague at this point, but I'll probably only
have a few tables (< 10) and just need fast lookup of indexed records.
Probably don't need sophisticated query capabilities.

Thanks,

-Randy

Re: Embedded database recommendation?
Hi Randy,

Have a look at our eXtremeDB.  It's an in-memory database, with a number of
persistence options, so the performance is unmatched.

eXtremeDB is a library that varies in size from 50K to 160K depending on
features, platform, etc, and offer C and C++ programming interfaces.

Best regards,
McObject

Re: Embedded database recommendation?

Yes, this one is on the radar.

I'll take a look, thanks !

-Randy

Re: Embedded database recommendation?
It might not fit your needs but you might want
to be aware of Run Time Access.  It puts a
PostgreSQL interface onto normal C data structures.
http://www.runtimeaccess.com

Bob

Re: Embedded database recommendation?
Thanks Bob, I'll take a look.

-Randy

Re: Embedded database recommendation?
You may wish to check out codebase. http://www.codebase.com

Re: Embedded database recommendation?

You can try firebird, an opensource derivative of interbase.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Site Timeline