Subject Author Posted Replies

Generating Accurate Timestamps While Capturing Sensor Data
I'm working on a project with an MSP430 that serves to capture sensor data from an external ADC. Capturing the raw data stream is relatively easy. My stumbling block is in finding a way to properly...
7
7

Microcontroller power drain
Seems like everyone claims their cpu uses less power than the other guy, but hardly anyone puts up any actual numbers. When they do, it's bogus numbers rather than anything (it seems to me) that a...
15
15

Non-text format for source code
For great many reasons, it would be convenient to have source code in some rich format rather then plain ASC text. I could think of embedding illustrations, links and data into file, custom coloring,...
64
64

Let Us Sing the Song of the FAE Part 2 - Feel Our Pain!
More stories and songs of the Semiconductor Professional. Everybody Sing Along Now! Feel our pain!

ATXmega16A4U runs happily at 64 Mhz
Although I don't believe in shipping products with parts pushed past their datasheet specs, I'm not above playing around. After a day of figuring out the clock and pll on the above chip and getting...
7
7

FTDI4232H & DAC problem
Earlier I was able to interface with a ADC (ADS7871) using the SPI interface provided by FTDI. It was really a struggle but that it is working quite good now. Now I am trying to interface with a DAC...

Looking for 1.8V shift register
Hi, I'm looking for a shift register to do some output expansion to drive LEDs, small relays, etc. I'd like to use something akin to the 74xx595 which has a serial input and 8 outputs. Good so far. I...
4
4

Are real programmers a dying species?
I am setting up a new TV-set, a Philips 32pfl3807h . I had never seen a commercial product programmed in such a moronic way. The programmer must have been outright illiterate. Can you imagine the only...
60
60

Embedded C Programming with ARM Cortex-M Video Course
I believe that this group could be interested in the Embedded C Programming Course on YouTube, which I just started to teach (my New Year's resolution for 2013). The playlist for this course is...

Let Us Sing the Song of the FAE - the Good Ol Days of Semis
Back, back, back in the day - the semiconductor industry was different. Leading-edge was everything, cores were different and competition was fierce. The semiconductor industry of the 1980's and 90's...
1
1

Olimex alternative for PCB manufacturing
As you probably know, Olimex is having capacity problems and has therefore stopped taking orders for PCB's to be manufactured. As I needed some boards made I decided to look into alternatives. I found...
2
2

Smalles Ethernet (no TCP/IP) implementation, even 10Mbps
I have to create a small network composed by some nodes. At the moment, th e number of nodes is about 10, but I want to have a flexible architecture t hat could increase in the future. I think...
51
51

SOIC8 marked as M9KA2: what is it?
Someone know what is the SMD IC marked as M9KA2? It is a SOIC8 and it seems a small Freescale microcontroller, but I couldn't find any datasheet. On the second line there is the code RMAKDC or RMARDC...
1
1

LPC21XX and FreeRTOS - Debug, Timing, or Stack (?) Problem?
Hi, I've adopted some old code and I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm working with LPC2129-based hardware running FreeRTOS 6.1. My code executed until I made a few small...
11
11

Free Renesas RL78-G14 Microcontroller Demo Kit is a Neat Tool Toy!
This board has WiFi 802.11b and can act as an access point or a hotspot. Two LCD displays including eInk. Micro SD card slot. Sensors include a 3-axis accelerometer, temperature sensor, ambient light...
14
14