8051 disassembler for Linux?

Hello out there,

can anyone recommend a working disassembler for 8051 mcus that will work
properly under Linux (without Wine or any other emulation)?
I did only find dis51 sofar and it does not work for my files. It
disassembles everything into DB statements, which is, well, useless.
I'd consider anything that will take an Intel HEX or Motorola SREC2 file
as input and will do readable disassembly with addresses and perhaps
label names.

thanks in advance,
Matthias
--
PGP-Key: http://www.asmsoftware.de/marndt.pgp ICQ: 40358321
Re: 8051 disassembler for Linux?

I wouldn't say that a program that converts binary files into db
statements is a disassembler. more like a data dumper.

Are you sure you don't need an argument file of some sort to specify
program and data sections or something like that?  Or a start address?

A decent disassembler should be able to trace out valid code bytes in
the binary by following jumps/branches and perhaps even jump tables.

It sounds like that program is considering your program as all data space.

A simple Google search for: Intel 8051 disassembler
came up with many hits, some with C-source. Like this one:
http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone5/cat780/19841.htm

on further analysis, that link ended up at:

http://www.8052.com/users/disasm/

Which should have been about the first place you looked.

Rufus

Re: 8051 disassembler for Linux?
Hiya,

According to its sourcecode, it is a full disassembler.

It didn't offer much command line options but yes, it really seemed to
threat all my HEX files as data. However I could'n manage to convince it
to take it as code. Althoguh it even said: CSEG AT 100h. Well, never mind!

For sure, that is exactly what I was looking for when searching for a
disassembler.

Exactly what I was looking for. Seems I missed that out when looking for
it via Google. I knew about 8052.com for long but seems I forgot to look
there for specific stuff. This disassembler and gui works pretty good
for me!

Thanks for your fast and useful help, next time I hopefully will not
forget about 8052.com ;)

cheers,
Matthias
--