Subject Author Posted Replies

Endianness of Data...
Forgive me if this is a noob question, but this is my first chip bringup from scratch. I'm trying to bring up an ARM7 (ADuC7021), and am having a problem with the endianness of data, and I'm not sure...
8
8

pic16f877a uart c code problm
Hai to all, Iam trying to communicate from pic 16f877a to the pc's hyperterminal at 9600 baud rate. Iam posting my code for this. Iam able to simulate with mplab but I could not implement with...
5
5

Did Intel screw up big time by selling its embedded processors?
I still think Intel screwed-up BIG time when they sold their embedded CPU's (StrongARM, XScale) to Marvell. The idea was that future devices would be more and more like PC's and that these should...
33
33

Fixed width font
Nov10 2008,6.29AM

New to Embedded Software
Hi, Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place for this question. I am a 24 year old, Software Developer who has a 2.1 in BSc (Hons) Software Development. I have been working solely on CRUD...
27
27

Embedded USB. Do I have to get my own product and vendor ID?
I'm thinking of implementing an USB port for a commercial embedded product. Do I have to get my own product and vendor ID (it costs $2000 to get it)? I'm thinking of using a PIC24F MCU with integrated...
4
4

US Software Patents
Monty Solomon wrote in comp.risks: I found the above in comp.risks today. F'ups set to
3
3

J-Trace
I am using IAR Workbench w/ JLink & have been thinking that Jtrace capability would be real useful. Unfortunately, JTrace is ~ $1300 for the hardware. Is there any open source or 3rd party Jtrace...
2
2

bit file fpga to pc
Hello everyone, I'm working on a project that requires sending pixel data from an fpga to a PC, RS232 would be fine but Ethernet is also considered. (need to create a bit file to process the image in...
5
5

RapidiTTy
Does any one understand Time Triggered systems? Or have used this tool? it only supports LPC2129 and 2294 at the moment
1
1

Debugging Atmel SAM7: Lauterbach or OpenOCD+Amontec JTAGkey?
Hi, Just wondering if it is worth forking out for the Lauterbach debugger/ICE or to settle for something like OpenOCD + Amontec JTAGKey to debug an Atmel SAM7 MCU please? Basically I'd like to be able...
3
3

High-end AVR vs. low-end ARM?
In terms of pricing, how do high-end AVR's (Mega-128) compare to low-end ARM processors? The ARM's are much more powerfull and have large RAM memories on them. Anyone ever compare them? I heard that...
25
25

Atmel, ATMEGA88-20AU. 32 TQFP package.
Hi, The EEPROM in Atmel, ATMEGA88-20AU. 32 TQFP package is not functioning well. It works okay but sometimes it gets the garbagge data from micro . Does anybody know whether is it related to PCB...
13
13

QPSK Demodulator for DVB-S2
Hi, I am building QPSK demodulator on FPGA. I am basically performing demodulation with the help of Costas loop. My QPSK Digital Demodulator should have following features: 1)It should adhere with...
1
1

How to generate UPG (Firmware Upgrade) file
Hi, I am using High-performance Embedded Workshop (HEW) to do a flash firmware upgrade so would like to generate the UPG file. Could anyone tell me how to generate this type of output firmware file?...