Wa-a-ay OT: Overlay to make a cable "coiled"

Back when I was a kid (nearly 3/4 of a century ago :-) there used to be plastic coils that could be applied to a straight cable to "coil" it up.

Does such a thing exist today? ...Jim Thompson

We have products these days called

Wire Loom.. not exactly spiral but splits so you can insert your wires in it. And spiral wrap / loom.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Don't think thats what the OP is looking for. (I too thought the same thing untilI read the entire thread.)

Reply to
Cliff H

I do not need a primer, dingledorf. Nor does the rest of the group.

Everything from finer than a hair #54 to #0000.

From fine, 1mm diameter coax to huge cable hardline.

Reply to
MrTallyman

When it is that small it is a bare spool, and there is no box.

Reply to
MrTallyman

This is why wireless headsets were invented. You might consider a wireless alternative. Search for "wireless usb headset".

I have a flat ethernet cable on a spring loaded spool. The spool is in the middle of about 15ft of flat CAT5. When retracted, both ends wrap around the spool until only the connectors stick out. I also have a flat telephone cord with the same type of spring loaded spool. Something like this but larger: Is the Logitech cable round or flat? Round doesn't work with such spools. Approximately how long?

Also, try looking through this mess of cable organizer pictures and see if anything looks usable:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

for what he wants?

V E L C R O !!!

MrTallyman

Batteries :-( And bad reviews.

Round. 6'

...Jim Thompson

I have an Asus wireless headset w/ rechargeable batteries and decent working time per charge (>2 hours). Sound so good you could listen to classical or classic rock or any other kind of music for hours on end.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk