Make your own control panel overlay ?

Is there any way to make your own membrane-switch control panel overlay? Not a fancy backlit one with tactile bubbles, but something simple. I was thinking maybe I could print the layout with a color laser printer onto some kind of plastic, then glue onto a membrane. Does something like this exist?

In my area, there are no shortages of commercial firms that can make these, but I don't like the long faces when I tell them I only need one.

Reply to
AL

some

exist?

There are lots of different printable plastics around for inkjet printers (OHP films, plastic label film etc). I've had best results using dye based ink. Pigment based ink takes too long to dry usually and comes off on the exit rollers. Print in reverse on the back of clear plastic so that it's protected. The problem is finding glue that will stick but not damage the ink.

Reply to
CWatters

You can print on paper and laminate it between sheets of clear plastic with a hot-melt laminating machine. Do a search on "laminating film".

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

"CWatters" wrote in news:0YCLe.168975$ snipped-for-privacy@phobos.telenet-ops.be:

how about a plastic overhead transparency film for laser printers. Costs a few cents for one at most university book stores.

me