printed inductors

Le Sun, 19 May 2013 17:14:38 -0400, Tom Del Rosso a écrit:

Sure you can. Just make it lambda/4.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

You can use a delay line to connect power? What are you delaying?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to

Doesn't

the

I've seen the sparkgaps - I imagine they may be a "one use only" feature. Are they?

Reply to
Rodwell

Le Sun, 19 May 2013 23:24:00 -0400, Tom Del Rosso a écrit:

Transmission lines transform impedances they have on one side (ZL) to another impedance on the other side (Zin).

For a lossless line: Zin=Zc (ZL + Zc Tan(Lr))/(Zc + ZL Tan(Lr))

with Lr=2 pi len/lambda (Lr is the reduced length in radian and len the line length)

At lambda/4 a shorted line gives Zin= Zc Tan(Lr) with Lr->pi/2 and transforms the s/c into an open circuit.

Obviously, at DC it's no more lambda/4 and Zin=ZL=0.

This obviously doesn't hold for wideband signals.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

^^ You see it all the time on microwave stuff. Wikipedia has a picture of a... 20-some GHz satellite board, stubs and filters and amps all over. Looks cool. They use thin 1/4 wave traces as bias tees all over (usually with some additional LC bypass and filtering action, too).

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com