One time PCB needed

Hi,

I am new to tis group but I have built a lot of kits over the years so I am not all that new to soldering.

I have a small project with a 555 and about 10 other parts. It is a very basic 5v, 5KHz PWM circuit. I have downloaded Eagle Lite but the learning curve is too steep for something I probably will never use again.

Is there anyone here who could make some changes to a schematic and then layout a board for Toner transfer and etching. I have an extensive hobby metalworking machine shop at home and can offer machining for a prototype in return.

I have the original schematic and the list of changes needed.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

Go over to sci.electronics.design there is a thread going on about 'Affordable PCB Layout Software' there is also a Yahoo group devoted to PCB making.

regards, al

Reply to
eyezkubed

"Dave, I can't do that"

** Have you never heard of Veroboard ??

Take me about 15 minutes to have that circuit up and working.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

if you only want one, and only have about 30 endpoints why not use a permanent marker on the board and then etch, or as Phil suggests, just use stripboard.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

There's also a free (as in beer, not FOSS) stripboard layout editor available at

While it may seem a little silly do a layout on a PC for a small, one-off project it is awfully nice to be able to decide that *this* works better over *there* before you've started soldering. The user interface is easy to work with so don't expect a terribly tall learning curve.

While it is possible to use Veecad without a netlist, it is able to read several common styles. See

If you already have a paper schematic then generating a new one in a schematic capture app to build a netlist shouldn't take long. Kicad (free as in FOSS) can produce netlists in a format that Veecad can use.

Stripboard can be a bit hard to find sometimes. One on-line source that I've used that has them for reasonable prices is

Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

I'll second the permanant marker approach. Full details with hints and tips at:

This is a very old page, and I just noticed that the "Resources" section still contains a link to Kepro. (Belly-up, AFAIK) Other than that, I think everything is still relevant.

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v4.00 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter FREE Signal Generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will check out the suggestions.

I know I could use strip board but I don't like it especially when I stand to blow up a $3600 laser if I get it wrong, but the idea of laying it out first in software for strip board sounds like a useful approach.

The idea of automatically laying out the board from a schematic appealed as it removed a whole shit load of potential for error.

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 11:33:25 -0700 (PDT) in sci.electronics.basics, "Dave, I can't do that" wrote,

You are going to check the output waveforms before hooking up the laser either way, right?

Reply to
David Harmon

Oh you betcha David, I will actually attempt to have it destroy itself before it gets near the laser. In fact I have ordered 5 sets of parts, just in case.

I have a TEK TDS210 gathering dust in the garage.

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that