Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Analyzing a circuit
AoE Chapter 3 - circuit ideas A (high-input-impedance follower) Also here: and at the end of the post. 1) How do you go about analyzing this circuit? how do you approach it? I ca n do the DC analysis...
10
10

OT: HDMI Wireless
Anyone have experience/recommendations for wireless ways to distribute HDMI to multiple TV sets? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's...
11
11

Relaxation Oscillator as a perfect example of regenerative feedback
Relaxation Oscillator circuit is a perfect example of regenerative feedbac k that is special case of positive feedback. Simple and efficient, this cir cuit is practical for students labs and still...

What size circuit breaker for Oven
Hi, The owners manual for our 240 volt oven says it has a max of 4730 watts. T he 2 pole circuit breaker says 30 amps on each half. Is that to big? We have had a couple of heating elements go bad with...
10
10

Basic static electricity question
Let's say I walk over the carpet and get charged to 10KV. Then I touch a MOSFET. Is it fair to assume that the MOSFET won't be damaged unless it has a path to ground?
8
8

standing waves
We know what standing waves look like, on a string, or EM waves in a cavity. But what's the mathematical definition of a standing wave? Does to have to include nodes, where the amplitude is always...
8
8

[OT] RadioShack declares bankruptcy
Nearly a century after it opened its first store and sent out its first catalog, RadioShack (RSHC) declared bankruptcy on Thursday. It has struck a deal to sell up to 2,400 of its approximately 4,000...
23
23

Chinese Germanium 1N34
So I got a bunch of these from China for a couple dollars. How can I tell they are not fakes and does it matter if I'm just going to stash them in my junk box and I don't expect any critical...
74
74

Serial Breakout Box
Looking for an inexpensive (less that $100) serial RS232 breakout box. Can set BAUD, etc and then receive serial data. needs to have some sort of data bit output; TTL or ?. up to 8 bits. nice to be...
3
3

What ever happened with the come back of Heathkit?
Some time back there were rumors and a website regarding bringing back Heathkit or similar. As I recall it even asked which kits from heathkit were the most popular or maybe it was which ones would be...
19
19

[OT] RadioShack suspended from NYSE as bankruptcy looms
15
15

OT: Shop trying to force a return
Since around mid-2014, Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi has been enjoying a huge success here in India selling mid-range mobile phones at prices no other company could touch. The phones are sold...
3
3

GLCD CM12864-2 wont work
Hi, II have a graphic lcd (Cm12864-2). Wandering if someone could help me out. The screen turns on and the backlight too. but I am unable to display anyth ing.. I can make it work with other 128 x 64...
2
2

DC-DC converters basic topologies online simulations
DC-DC converters are essential power supply circuits for modern electronic equipment today. Five basic topologies are ready now for online simulation. Visit them on:

Capacitor as a power supply
This is more of a thought experiment triggered by handling of a huge cap. Would it be possible to charge a big cap and discharge it through a load resistor without dropping voltage much over a...
9
9