Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Noise in parallel
Hi, I'm having a discussion about placing two noise sources in parallel such as Johnson noise. I would appreciate it if a EE would please tell us who is correct? Here is the conversation --> I wrote:...
12
12

MOSFET: current sources versus voltage sources that drives the gates of mosfet
Hello, Whats the difference if we have current sources that drives the gates of mosfet versus voltage sources ?? Thanks in advance, Su
2
2

MOSFET as a switch and Rds(on)
Hello, I'm having a slight confusion over what Rds(on) means for a MOSFET. In the book it says that Rds(on) is the resistance (Vds / Ids) in the linear (triode) region. After the FET enters...
3
3

Hard time finding two parts
I am hunting for two parts that seem to be hard to find. The first one, roughly pictured here: It is what looks like a breadboard but more like a header socket with extra spacing around the edges....
1
1

Running LED from Mains power
Reading the thread on battery power with interest... Is there a minimal and cheap junk box circuit that anyone can recommend for running a (blue 25 to 40mA) LED at near its maximum output but from...

Technics SLP-170 CD Player Won't Play
See Subject. I find it a bit odd it won't play. It is about 12 years old, maybe 15. I put in a CD, and it shows track 1 in the LCD, but doesn't start. If I press Play, it just hangs there. If I open...
9
9

f(t) = 40 + 10t + (4+ t)sin(t)sin(10t)
For a good time paste this function in Bret Cahill
7
7

LED Lighting PSU
Hi I want to experiment with powering LEDs from a 220V mains supply. I note you can get GU10 style LED bulbs these days but was wondering what circuitry they have in them. Has anyone seen/got a...
12
12

Simple design - will it work
Guys I need to wire up a remote switch for a milling machine in my garage. Rather than go into a lot of detail all I need to achieve is continuity betwenn A & B on the linked diagram but I can only...
3
3

Idea for an Invention
Hi, All, We have glue guns, where the glue stick if fed through a heated tip. I'm doing stained glass, and soldering is a real pain, so I was thinking, Why isn't there a similar type of slder gun? I...
3
3

THE WORLD OF INTERNET JOB IS OFFEREING U TO EARN $1000 IN ONE MINUTE
THE WORLD OF INTERNET JOB IS OFFERING U TO EARN $1000 IN ONE MINUTE PLEASE HURRY UP FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE LOG ON TO

Speed control and reversing in electric drills
Most corded (ie AC) and cordless (ie DC) electric drills are variable speed and reversible. "reversible" in a DC motor is trivial, but how is it achieved in an AC motor? And how, in both cases, is...
14
14

Driving LEDs with a battery pack
Hello, I'm trying to drive some LEDs with standard batteries (eg. from a battery holder with 3 AAAs in it). Should be easy ... right? There's various colors of LED which need from 2.2 to 3.3 volts at...
175
175

Electronic Braking System for Cars
Is there a scope for replacing the conventional hydraulic braking systems of cars by an entirely electronically integrated braking system...thereby enabling the maneuvering of the speed of the car by...
7
7

how can I measure the center of toroidal coil using voltage tia sal22
Greetings All I have a toroidal coil with wire going around it and would like to measure the magnetic field in the center using voltage since I don't have a LCR meter can this be done? tia sal22