Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sum of 2 Noisy Signals Makes Perfect Lock In Reference for Both Signals
Obviously the same noise causing one signal to increase is causing the other to decrease. Is this common? It may be a situation where the lock in can be eliminated altogether with a little algebra....
12
12

need help with a senior project for college
I am a 50 year old fart who got hurt at work and qualified for vocational rehab and am getting my second AS degree, this time in EE. For my project, I want to modify my 85 year old Mom's tea kettel,...
16
16

Quirky old LCD
I've got an old 16x2 character LCD, no make or model number visible. It uses an SED1278F0A and a KS0065. I can get it to display characters, just not the right ones. For instance, if I instruct it to...
4
4

Magnet Damage to LCD
So, I know that speaker and light magnets donot damage LCD like they used to dmage CRT's. However, my daughter a mere 2.5yrs old, took a magnet and was able to make entire area on the screen go...
8
8

Crank powered USB charger?
Hello, I would like to build a simple crank powered USB charger. I have very little experience in electronics, but I think this is how I would do it: Any guidance concerning components types/specifics...
1
1

Old day vs today when camera pointing at monitors ;-)
In the old day when we point the camera at a CRT monitor we see hum noise, something like horizontal bars rolling up/down Today when pointing the same camera at the LCD monitor we don't see such thing...
8
8

Lab power supply
Hi, I got two lab power supplies, which have amp and voltage control. Now I need to know whether the ground on them is floating or not. I mean that there is no direct connection from the minus pole to...
1
1

wire for high current inductor
I'm designing a 1 mH inductor with max current of 30 A. Anybody can give me suggestion what kind of wire should be used? thanks
6
6

Making a non-linear resistance look linear
On a sunny day (Sun, 31 Jan 2010 23:46:16 +0000) it happened Pete Verdon wrote in : PIC programmers can be made with about 3 $ in parts, I use one like that. A small PIC uses less then 1.5 mA for an...
8
8

Diodes for 12v battery charging
I put in a 12v solar panel to charge up 2 ATV's and a mini tractor. Ran some speaker wire and battery clips to charge all of them in parallel. The tractor battery seems to not hold a charge very well....
22
22

AD & DA
Hi, I am wondering how AD- and DA-converters are implemented. Any documents about the chips internal configuration? Would it be in theory possible to implement them with discrete components? Best...
9
9

hello friends
hi every one am new here i dont know how to ask but have to ask well,i am bala from tirupati i am studying b.tech final year i got to do a project my areas of intrest are Radar,Augmented...
4
4

Driving large numbers of relays
I am a microprocessor programmer specializing in the Zilog Z8 family. In the past I have done several boards for controlling high speed processes. I like the Z8 because of its large number of...
6
6

FPGA
Hi, what do I need to study the FPGA technology? Some kind of starter kit? Could someone recommend a good one with all needed hardware and software. It should not be very expensive , not the cheapest...
3
3

LEDs as photo diodes
Hi seb! I used LEDs experimentally as photo diodes, yielding up to 1,4V with green LEDs when near a 60W incandescent light bulb. Right now I put 10 LEDs in series to get higher voltages, but the...
14
14