Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Motionless Induction
Hi, let's say there is a magnetic field of a _permanent magnet_, and a fixed/nonmovable induction coil is placed into field. Is it possible periodically to change (ie. "disturb") the intensity of the...
7
7

Ping Kari Laine
I made an error on the LC setup; it should look like this: +--------------+ | | | [L] | | +-------+ [FUNCTION GEN] +
1
1

Analog Design books edited by Jim Williams
This post is mostly for Jon Kirwan*, The two books are, "Analog Circuit Design, Art Science and Personalities" and "The Art and Science of Analog Circuit Design". Filled with lots of fun stuff. *I had...
9
9

Simple? logic function using 74HC logic
Hello, I'm struggling to find a simple schematic to implement this two-inputs (A B), one output (X) function, using 74HC building blocks. In words: - X is high whenever A and B are both high; - if A...
12
12

labtop charging
I'm considering building a adapter for a HP laptop myself, since a new one is expensive here (in India). It specifies a 19v requirement. So would it be possible to use a common battery eliminator, set...
3
3

New iPod wont charge in older powered speaker base
I just upgraded from a Gen2 iPod Nano to a Gen5. I have a nice little (Altec Lansing) powered speaker base that also charges the iPod. When I put the new iPod into the base it says "charging is not...
4
4

Daqarta and Function generator
Hi, I am total beginner with electronics.... I am learning this Daqarta scope program (www.daqarta) and at the moment I am wondering the power output of function generator. I am planning to buy (when...
20
20

EPE Mag July 1998
Don't suppose anybody here would know how I could get hold of a copy of an article in Everyday & Practical Electronics, July 1998. The Greenhouse computer. I'm guessing this is a lost cause as I'd...
8
8

Really really basic electricity - Formulas
Howdy, I just started working through Floyd's 'Principles of Electric Circuits'. Well, actually I started with Floyd's 'Digital Fundamentals', but decided I needed to know electricity in general to...
14
14

Transformer
Hi, I am playing around with a transformer. (I have enough experience to make this probably safe...) Anyway some facts about the transformer 1-phase 50-60 Hz Type TBAE 30 and the manufacturer is...
5
5

Lubricant for pots?
What common substance would be acceptable as a lubricant for consumer grade volume control pots? It's no good recommending a branded product to me as I live in a place where such products are unlikely...
30
30

Permanent magnet alternators?
Why do vehicle alternators not employ permanent (Nd) magnets?
13
13

Test your Signal Integrity skills with this set of quiz
These tests have been taken from the Book - "Signal Integrity for PCB Designers". Take this test brush up your skills on Signal Integrity Find new singles & make friends. Chat, meet & date with...

Was Runaway Prius Really A Runaway? Or Just A Prank?
A few years ago I was looking at a minivan with defective ABS and I turned to an astute ex used car dealer and said incredulously, "there's no way a big auto company would design a car without any...
40
40

polarized cap in audio circuit?
is it ok to use an electrolytic polarized cap to block dc signals in an audio circuit? Basically I have this kit and I wanted to remove the DC offset at the outputs before sending the signal to an...
4
4