Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

a couple power supply questions
Hello, I gotta couple questions... 1. When you put a volt-meter across something, and you immediately read a voltage, let's say 5V for example and then it slowly decays down to zero.... what does this...
7
7

Voltage and heating circuits?
I have a simple heating circuit that takes 16V @ 3.5A. I want to run it on a 12V-48A/hr deep-cycle battery. Now, I can get a DC-DC boost converter for $80, NBD. What will happen (generally) if I hook...
16
16

What would be the drawbacks of this TV/computer display?
Hi I=92m thinking of a hypothetical monitor for a TV/computer. This display does not use plasma, LCD, or a backlight to any extent. Instead it relies purely on ILEDs for emission of light, colors, and...
1
1

Wires fell off
This is a link to a picture that I hope will show my problem. It has been over a month since I worked on this. It is the same flashlight project I posted earlier. The flashlight switch has 3 postions....
9
9

Furnace bump timer
I put this circuit together over twelve years ago. I have it installed on my furnace/air condition control. I have a momentary switch near the thermostat, when I push the switch the furnace or air...
34
34

Fuse Specifications - difference between T4E250V and T4A250V
Hello. The internal power surge fuse has just blown in my Phillips TV. The markings on the end cap are T4E250V Which I understand to mean T (slow blow) 4 (4 amps) 250 (250 volts max) However I can't...
3
3

water analogy- a simple calculator
Hello, I'm a designer, and I don't know much about electronics and water analogy... But I was wondering if a very basic calculator could be made with water. Lets say a circuit able to + and - numbers...
170
170

LT Spice help with nodes
Just learning LT-Spice. Drew simple diagram with ground, battery and a few resistors. Did the simulations and got voltages at nodes as expected. While I was able to figure out which node is which...
4
4

Point Contact Transistor Oscillator (2N110)?
I'm trying to make an oscillator circuit using an old 2N110 point contact transistor (PNP) from the 1950s. Found a few circuits on the net, but they all seem to use some forward bias and the...
7
7

Xmas tree incandesent's die as
Xmas tree incandesent's die as dead shorts. How da do dat? OK I'm feeling lazy and not searc... George H.
19
19

Making cables
I want to make a connection between two project boxes. Forty pins will be involved, so I was thinking that a male IDE connector socket on the outside of the boxes might work. Since I'm new to making...
13
13

Specs for charging nicads
I have a Craftsman 14.4 V. rechargeable drill that uses NiCad batteries. It has no ready light, just a charging light. The manual says it may take up to 6 hrs. to charge. I left it on overnight. What...
11
11

Batteries in the fridge
Anybody remember zinc-carbon cells? IIRC, it was recommended that spares of them be kept in the refrigerator, because the cold temp. slows down the chemical reaction that leads to self-discharge. Two...
24
24

Led light new
Since on the topic of Led light, I heve been trying to make a diy pocket torch, but the latest available (white) Led will not work below 3v. With 9v dc, it flashed briefly and stopped. Anyone know of...
4
4

convert pspice to xspice
I tried to simulate in Altium MCP6L01 op amp. I don't know how convert the pspice sub circuit to xpsice. Any suggestions for me? Thanks, .AC DEC 1KHZ 0.1 1MEG .TRAN 0ms 100ms 0 0.1ms .PROBE V(1) V(11)...