Why is the battery soldered into the IPhone ? Bitch ! ;)

Not all of society is. Some of the radios I regularly use are older than I am.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Its a design tradeoff. They don't need to build a battery compartment that a user can open together with all the springs, contacts, latches, etc.

The last phone I owned that needed a replacement battery was my Motorola DynaTAC (the brick). Since then, batteries have outlasted the useful life of my phones. Apple probably studied the tradeoffs and figured it would be cheaper to solder in a few new batteries than build removal capabilities into every phone.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
There is no place like 127.0.0.1.