SMD pad layout

Is there a site somewhere with comprehensive drawings of everything in SMD packages? I have an SMD LED (APA102) and going nuts finding the art for the PCB. Wasn't shown on the datasheet. I think it's a 5050? (Not familiar).

Is it just me or were internet searches much easier 20 *^$&ing years ago? :)

Reply to
mkr5000

That kind of info needs to come from the datasheet. The manufacturer, Shenzhen Shiji Lighting Co.,Ltd, may have the dimensions. One of the datasheets on the Adafruit website shows pin dimensions, but the scan is unreadable. Perhaps a 5x5mm package, 1mm pin width and 0.5mm spacing. Maybe you can guess, or maybe you can call someone there.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

You can probably scale it yourself from the bottom of page-1 of the datasheet. (?)

It would have been easier if they just provided it.

Reply to
mpm

That depends on how one searches.

For this search, I would use google images. Then pad layout images show up, and when one clicks those, one sees the image, and the link that sourced it. Upon examining that link, one can decide whether to visit the site the link refers to.

I searched this under google images and I think I saw your desired layout as the second image listed...

apa102 led pad layout

Reply to
DLUNO

Autodesk, inc. :

DLUNO

There is a layout with dimensions there.

Reply to
DLUNO

DLUNO

For parts without footprints, I referance

The Free Viewer can get you in the ballpark for dimensions of the pads. then at least it will be IPC compliant.

Martin Riddle

There was less stuff years ago.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Boris Mohar

Am 01.01.2019 um 19:16 schrieb mkr5000:

Maybe it's in IPC7351?

cheers Gunther

Reply to
Gunther Mannigel

SMD packages? I have an SMD LED (APA102) and going nuts finding the art for the PCB. Wasn't shown on the datasheet. I think it's a 5050? (Not familiar ).

I recall some years ago there was a program you could download that would p roduce the specs for all the standard foot prints. You could pull up any g iven footprint and tweak the details and produce modified versions as well. I don't recall who produced it and my bookmarks from that time seem to be lost.

I do recall this program was used to produce footprint libraries for FreePC B. I expect someone in that group will remember the name of the program an d likely the company that provided it. I'll ask.

Rick C.

- Get 6 months of free supercharging - Tesla referral code -

gnuarm.deletethisbit

:

n SMD packages? I have an SMD LED (APA102) and going nuts finding the art f or the PCB. Wasn't shown on the datasheet. I think it's a 5050? (Not famili ar).

produce the specs for all the standard foot prints. You could pull up any given footprint and tweak the details and produce modified versions as wel l. I don't recall who produced it and my bookmarks from that time seem to be lost.

PCB. I expect someone in that group will remember the name of the program and likely the company that provided it. I'll ask.

I think I found a link and the company no longer seems to provide a free to use copy of their software. It was

Rick C.

  • Get 6 months of free supercharging + Tesla referral code -
gnuarm.deletethisbit

is pretty handy when you don't have time/motivation to deal with weird footprints.

-- john

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

Beware, for one instance there are two completely different packages referred to as TSSOP8. I have learnt it the hard way, had to re-spin the PCB. Never trust the packaging specs and check the footprint yourself.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski