Should Math be taught in schools? Lets ask the "Miss USA pageant contestants"

Getting back to the certifiable morons, except Miss Vermont, a real standout:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

How can they be that age and still so stupid?

Reply to
John S

If you attention has been concentrated on looking good in a swimsuit, and sounding attractive when interviewed by the kind of elderly gent that acts as a judge at that kind of event, mathematics is not going to have got a lot of your attention.

Hedy Lamar seems to have been an exception.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

Disgusting!

Yes. Very intelligent.

Reply to
John S

Didn't stop her marrying a total creep, but at least she had the sense to get out from under.

Intelligence is just one of a number of useful personality traits.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I overhead a couple high school/college age girls in Starbucks the other day chatting with some science textbooks splayed out on the table.

"Why do we gotta learn this stuff, anyway? I'll be married pretty soon and my husband's going to be so handsome/rich that I'll be taken care of and be on vacation so much that I won't even have time for a job"

True story.

Reply to
bitrex

This is, of course, just a parody. Many of these women are not even close to attractive enough to become Miss Anywhere.

Unfortunately, most people are unable or unwilling to see that this is a metaphor for the other science vs. truth discussion. It is trying to illustrate how spectacularly stupid you have to be to reject science.

--
RoRo
Reply to

OMG

Boris Mohar

(snip attractiveness comment)

Looked at that way, I see your point. Maybe there is yet hope.

Reply to
John S

Everyone knows that the square root of 16 is the sign of the devil. Math!! Bad! Bad!

Reply to
doh

Another example of why all government funding of "education" should be eliminated... it's a gross waste of resources. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

I think the Thompson gun missed the point. Is he actually a bot?

Reply to
John S

ndout:

The US hasn't got government funding of education. It's organsied and paid for at the school district level, which tends to explain why the quality is so variable.

As usual with most US complaints about "government funding", the problem is n't with government funding as such, but rather with the fact that the US r uns it's government remarkably badly. Maybe if they went out and got a bett er - or at least less antiquated - constitution they'd do better.

A new generation of politicians, less habituated to being bribed by lobbyis ts, might help too.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Less so than krw. But check out James Arthur for mindless repetition of the same implausible arguments.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You guys are so gullible - that's not real:

Bob Engelhardt

Correct. Robert Rolan first mentioned it and I re-ran it. It became obvious then.

Reply to
John S

Den tirsdag den 18. juli 2017 kl. 02.37.01 UTC+2 skrev snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

You're being cynical. The real contestants would have answerd the question just like in the video.

Are you saying this incoherent ditzhead is not real:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Robert Roland wrote on 7/18/2017 7:08 AM:

I'm sorry, I'm not clear. Are you saying we should reject truth?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Maybe I should have used some quotation marks there?

I am talking about the kind of truth that gets indoctrinated into many children's minds since the day they are born. Repeated over and over, until it becomes truth.

--
RoRo
Reply to