Security Light

Need parts suggestions or a purchasable finished unit for a security light.

1) plugs into 110VAC 60 Hz 2) Li ion battery preferred but 12V gel OK. 3) charge circuit for charge and maintenance 4) One or two LED lamps. Can get 12V 6W bi-pin lamps with good brightness for $19 each. Purchased one and like it. 5) night/dark enabled 6) motion sense to turn on.

I have looked a local HW stores and on line but found no complete solution. Electronic part stores have very expensive charge modules ($35 for a 12v 300 MA / float wall wart unit)

I can get a solar charged Li battery with LEDs unit $19. Could add an AC adapter/charger and a walk sensor. Just some thoughts.

Suggestions please.

Reply to
BeeJ

aioe.org this time...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Uses NiCd - no go for me. Does not plug into AC to charge. no go on dark days. Other HF security lights do use Li but no AC charge.

Reply to
BeeJ

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Get a Emergency light box and add the motion and light sensors. most use Lead acid batteries.

Martin Riddle

for $19

MA /

If the OP can't add a wallwart charger to the HF light proposed by Jamie how is he going to manage this? Art

Reply to
Artemus

Artemus explained on 3/17/2013 :

Had all the HF LED lights in my hands in store. most are NiCd - no thinks batteries are all behind a dozen or so screws so I could not determine ease of modification. Could no determine number of cells. the manuals on line are the same as in the box and are of NO use.

Reply to
BeeJ

BeeJ laid this down on his screen :

I would rather work with a 12V system.