secure digital card interface - 8051/atmel/avr

Hiya,

I'm currently interested in finding some information and source code about implementmenting storage on a secure digital card (could be compactflash or smartmedia also) ideally it would implement fat16

i've searched many times on google, found bits and pieces but nothing that is really "walk-through" which is what I want.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
googlinggoogler

Unfortunately the sdcard.org people release the real documentation under NDA and charge $$$$ for it. There is a small document on their webpage, but it is not enough to implement the card. I considered using SD on my last board, but chose not to due to lack of docs.

Compact Flash has free documentation, but the interface consists of more pins (memory mapped mode would be easiest with a microcontroller).

Darrell Harmon

dlharmon

I was on the sansdisk site yesterday (different PC, so no url, sorry). They have docs on 8051 +ide+SD stuff

martin

Reply to
martin griffith